Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Andrew W.K. | Spook Magazine | July 2011

I shot this portrait for Spook Magazine when the charismatic Andrew W.K. was in Melbourne for the BDO tour.

I have always been a huge fan of AWK and my prior shoot with him for Meredith a few years ago is still one of my favorite shoots to date. So when Spook asked me to shoot him again I was enthusiastically obliging.

The publicist informed us we had about 45 minutes so with the genius of art director/ production designer Esther Justin we took inspiration from AWK's love of all things red/white/bloody and made a hanging sculpture that was reminiscent of blood splatter (think Dexter).

Make-up artist: Holly-Rose Butler
Set Designer: Esther Justin

Here are the final results and the spread as seen in the current edition of Spook Magazine.


1 comment: