Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Thread - A Photographic Exhibition

I'm very excited about the opening of our exhibition, Thread at Somewhere Gallery tomorrow night. Thread is a collaborative exhibition with gorgeous designer Jacqui Alexander of Skinny Nelson. The show is a series of portraits that I shot over a period of two days at Aperture Studios in Richmond. The 12 subjects vary in age, sex, looks and professions including a fortune teller, a model, a musician, a dancer, and an indigenous activist.

On meeting Jacqui only a few weeks ago I had to come up with something that was time efficient and also reflected Skinny Nelson and my photography. I have been desperate to-do a series of portraits and this seemed like the perfect opportunity to make this happen.

Thread opens on October 7 at 6pm-9pm at Somewhere Store and Gallery and runs until October 28.
Then heading to Sydney during November!

No comments:

Post a Comment